Monday, June 16, 2008

1. What was most encouraging and motivating to you and why?
The most motivating thing to me is to have this opportunity. I know that I have to have a future after high school and the program has been showing me that it is easier than it seems. College admission and classes are hard, but having that drive really helps. Summer Scholars is that drive for me because I have met so many great people that I know will always be there for me when I need help in school.

2.What was the most challenging and why?
The most challenging for me has been trying to use my time wisely. I'm a complete procrastinator and having so much free time does not help. When I first saw the syllabus for my class I knew that I had to change my habits in order to keep up. So, far I have done a good job in trying to use the a certain time to study and a different time to have fun. I still know that I will probably be wasting time in the next few weeks by doing something I'm not supposed to (myspace or facebook).

3.What did you learn about yourself? Describe the experiences that led you to this new information about yourself.
I learned that I am a huge procrastinator and a stubborn person. I know that when something is due in two week I will probably do it the night before. That is just how I work especially when it comes to school. My mom knows that it takes more than one try to get me to do something and I finally realized that if I do not get myself convinced I need to do something I won't do it.

4.What experiences have made a difference or have had a positive impact on you and why?
The challenge course at Ashland has made the biggest impact on me because I found out people can work as a team . I'm usually so independent that when ever there is a group activity I feel that I'm not giving it my all . I do enjoy working in groups, but I prefer working alone. The course really challenged my thinking because my team stuck together. At one point I was going to give up, but they are the one's that helped me through it. We not only completed a course, but I really experienced the true meaning of the word TEAM.

No comments: