Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blog #3

On Monday I was given the chance to meet with Sherman Petite, the recruitment person at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He spoke to a group of us about the seventeen different programs they offer. Mr. Petite also gave us some handouts that show the classes or degree you need to have before you participate in the program. A program of interest to me is the college of nursing because if I do choose to go into the medical field that would be my major. In the end of his presentation he handed us a paper that had how many students applied to UNMC and how many got accepted. It was the most interesting because out of 1373 applicants for the college of medicine only 121 made it to the class. I really enjoyed having him as a speaker although I have heard a couple of the subjects he talked about.

No comments: